Film and Digital Media Incentive
Please Include 2 Copies of All Audit Materials, and an Electronic Version if Available.
2013 Film and Digital Media Incentive
If you have a new project, and are looking to bring your production to Michigan, then you are in the right place. Please review the FAQs and information on this page for information on applying for the Michigan Film Incentive. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact our office.
Applications missing the necessary documentation for the review process will be returned to the applicant. Please see the Production Incentive Application Packet checklist to be certain that have included all required documents and details before submitting your application.
For Any Projects Approved prior to 12/31/11 Please CLICK HERE
Fast Facts for 2013
- Projects must have a minimum spend of at least $100,000 in Michigan to be eligible.
- No retroactive qualifying expenditures. Start counting your qualifying dollars on the date of APPROVAL.
- 27% of direct Michigan expenditures.
- Claim an extra 3% for expenditures at a qualified facility or post production facility.
Form (to be filled out by the facility)
- Michigan Personnel 32%
- Crew Personnel Expenditures 20%
- Qualified Personnel Expenditures 27%
- Caps: Payments for MI producers shall not exceed 10% of expenditures, 5% for non-MI producers
$2 million qualifying salary cap per employee per production.
- Application fee equal to .2% of the funding request (minimum $200, max $5,000)
- All applicants can expect a maximum 21 day review process once the application is complete, as determined by the Michigan Film Office
Applications must include: estimated Michigan expenditures, project type, Michigan production days, local hires and more. The company must send a script/storyboard, insurance documents, the budget, any confidential information requirements and the initial application fee. The project must commence pre-production within 90 days of approval.
YOU MUST HAVE AN AGREEMENT APPROVED AND SIGNED BY BOTH THE MICHIGAN FILM OFFICE AND THE MICHIGAN STRATEGIC FUND PRESIDENT BEFORE INCURRING ANY ELIGIBLE PRODUCTION EXPENSES.
For More Information: Contact Us