Projects Approved Prior to 12/31/2011
Incentives - For Projects Approved Before 12/31/11
If your project was approved for the Michigan Film Tax Incentive program before 12/31/11 then you are in the right place. While our program transitions to our new Michigan Film Incentives program, any projects with agreements under the old incentives (prior to 12/31/11) must use the forms found on this page to finish the process and ultimately receive the refundable tax credit.
Please Include 2 copies of all audit materials, and an electronic version (if available) for processing your Post-Production Certificate. Once a PPC (Post-Production Certificate) is approved and signed the project must file a Michigan Business Tax before receiving the refundable tax credit.
Notice: Film Production Credit Qualified Vendors (pdf)
- Minimum spend of at least $50,000 in Michigan to be eligible.
- Up To 40% refundable tax credit, across the board on Michigan expenditures.
- Claim an extra 2% if filming in one of the 136 Core Communities in Michigan (click the link to download and print a map of the core communities).
- Labor and Crew: Up To 40%-42% Resident Below the Line. Up To 40%-42% Above the Line regardless of residency. Up To 30% Non-resident Below the Line.
- $2 million salary cap per employee per production.
YOU MUST HAVE AN AGREEMENT APPROVED AND SIGNED BY BOTH THE MICHIGAN FILM OFFICE AND THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY BEFORE INCURRING ANY ELIGIBLE PRODUCTION EXPENSES.
For More Information: Contact Us